Child Well Visit
It is important to keep your child’s health and growth on track. Children need a well child visit, even when they are not sick. These visits can help uncover possible problems before they become serious.
Well care visits are a chance to focus on your child’s wellness and growth.
Your child may be eligible for rewards for a well visit.
What to expect at a Well Care Visit:
- Talk about ways to keep your child healthy.
- Measure your child’s growth and development.
- Get information on screenings. These include vision and hearing.
- Education on childhood illnesses and immunizations.
- 1 or more blood lead screenings are needed for children by their 2nd birthday.
It is advised that children see a dentist for the first time at 1 year of age, then every 6 months after that.
Your child should see the doctor at the following ages:
- 3 to 5 days
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- 3 years
- 4 years
- Every year until age 21
Need help finding a doctor or scheduling a visit? Please call our Member Services Team at 833-404-1061 from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST. They can also help you find a ride to your child’s visit.