Iowa Total Care provides free aids and services to help our members communicate effectively. These tools are for members:
- Whose primary language is not English.
- Who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Who are blind or have low vision.
- Who have a speech disability.
- Who have culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- Qualified interpreters are available for members whose primary language is not English.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, American Sign Language interpreters are also available.
- They can help at medical visits or with complaints.
- Interpreters can assist via video, over the phone or in person.
- These services are free of charge to you.
Need an interpreter for your medical visit? Let us know. There are two ways:
Need written material in a language other than English? Please call Member Services: 1-833-404-1061 (TTY: 711). We can also provide other formats such as Braille, audio or large print.
Did you know most provider visits last between 15 and 20 minutes? To make sure you’re able to communicate with your provider during your visit, here are a few tips:
- Write down a list of questions and concerns before your appointment.
- Consider bringing a close friend or family member with you.
- Feel free to take notes. Ask your provider if you need clarification.
- Ask questions.
- Learn how to access your online medical records using patient portal apps.
- If needed, ask for an interpreter in your preferred language.
Remember your health is important! Review these tips. Speak up and follow up as needed.
- Access to fair healthcare for all people!
- Making sure everyone has the chance to be as healthy as possible.
Iowa Total Care works with our members to remove barriers from healthcare. These can include: