Iowa Total Care provides free aids and services to help our members communicate effectively. These tools are for members:
- Whose primary language is not English.
- Who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Who are blind or have low vision.
- Who have a speech disability.
- Who have culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- Qualified interpreters are available for members whose primary language is not English.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, American Sign Language interpreters are also available.
- They can help at medical visits or with complaints.
- Interpreters can assist via video, over the phone or in person.
- These services are free of charge to you.
Need an interpreter for your medical visit? Let us know. There are two ways:
- Complete our Language Services request form. Return by email at least seven (7) days before your appointment. This will allow us time to find the right person for you.
- Call Member Services: 1-833-404-1061 (TTY: 711). Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.
Need written material in a language other than English? Please call Member Services: 1-833-404-1061 (TTY: 711). We can also provide other formats such as Braille, audio or large print.
If you have questions or concerns about language services, please email us or call Member Services: 1-833-404-1061 (TTY: 711).
Did you know most provider visits last between 15 and 20 minutes? To make sure you’re able to communicate with your provider during your visit, here are a few tips:
- Write down a list of questions and concerns before your appointment.
- Consider bringing a close friend or family member with you.
- Feel free to take notes. Ask your provider if you need clarification.
- Ask questions.
- Learn how to access your online medical records using patient portal apps.
- If needed, ask for an interpreter in your preferred language.
Remember your health is important! Review these tips. Speak up and follow up as needed.
- Access to fair healthcare for all people!
- Making sure everyone has the chance to be as healthy as possible.
Iowa Total Care works with our members to remove barriers from healthcare. These can include: