How to Stop Smoking
Iowa Total Care cares about you and your family’s health. One of the best ways to improve your health and wellness is to stop smoking and/or tobacco use.
Are You Ready to Make a Change?
- Call the Iowa Total Care Tobacco-Free QuitLine at:
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-7848- 669)
- TTY/TDD: 877-777-6534 TTY -888-229-2182
- Enroll Online
Coaching Services are Available
- Choose between three different quit programs
- Phone + Online
- Phone Only
- Online Only
- Typical program is five scheduled coaching calls.
- You can call the Quitline as much as you need to between scheduled calls. There is no limit.
- Coaches are available from Mon- Sun 6 am – 12 pm Central time
- You may use the online service as often as you want.
- You will receive planning and educational materials to map the road to quitting tobacco.
- Join others in an online community of others who are working to become tobacco free.
Medications may be covered to help with Smoking Cessation
A limited supply of no cost quit medications may be available through the program such as those listed below. You also may be able to obtain some of these quit medications at no cost through your health plan.
- Varenicline (Zyban)
- Bupropion (Chantix)
Additional Tobacco / Smoking Cessation Resources
- American Lung Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Smokefree Text Messaging Programs
- Pregnant? Don't Smoke!
- Myths: Smoking and Pregnancy
- 4 Tips to Quit Smoking