Iowa Total Care provides free aids and services to help our members communicate effectively. These tools are for members:
- Whose primary language is not English.
- Who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Who are blind or have low vision.
- Who have a speech disability.
- Who have culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- Georgetown University National Center for Cultural Competence
- Health Literacy: Help Your Patients Understand Their Health & Health Care (PDF)
- Industry Collaboration Effort: Better Communication, Better Care: Provider Tools to Care for Diverse Populations (PDF)
- Project ImpliciT
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association: Principles of Multicultural Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Increasing Cultural Competence to Reduce Behavioral Health Disparities
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services | Office of Minority Health: Resources to Implement Cross-Cultural Clinical Practice Guidelines for Medicaid Practitioners
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: A Physician’s Practical Guide to Culturally Competent Care
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care
- U.S. Department of Justice | Community Relations Service: Understanding Bias: A Resource Guide
- Phone: 1-833-404-1061 (TTY: 711)
- Fax: 1-833-809-3868
- Mailing address:
Iowa Total Care
1080 Jordan Creek Parkway, Suite 100 South
West Des Moines, IA 50266