Skip to Main Content

Grievances and Appeals

You can file a grievance if you are not happy with any part of your care from the health plan or doctors. If you get a letter saying something was denied, stopped or reduced you can ask for an appeal. You can file a grievance or appeal by phone, email, mail or fax. You can ask for the grievance or appeal yourself or you can ask someone like your doctor or family to request it for you. If you need help please call our Member Services number they can help you. To request an appeal or grievance:

Iowa Total Care
ATTN: Appeals
Address: 1080 Jordan Creek Parkway, Suite 400 South
West Des Moines, IA 50266

We can provide translation or interpreter service if you need it.

You can find detailed information about grievances and appeals in our Member Handbook.