Iowa Total Care is proud to offer a new doula program. Our goal is to improve the health of mothers and babies. We also hope to ease issues of access and cultural barriers that members face.
A doula is a trained non-medical companion that supports pregnant people.
- Answers questions about pregnancy, labor and after birth.
- Provides comfort through physical support.
- Offers emotional support.
Doula care can reduce:
- Use of medications for birth
- Intensive care admissions
- Use of vacuum or forceps
- Length of labor
Doula care can boost:
- Length of gestation
- Birth weight
- Satisfaction with birth
- Pregnant Iowa Total Care members.
- Must live in Polk, Johnson or Muscatine counties.
Eligible members can contact:
- The Doula Network, our partner for this program: 1-877-436-8527
- Iowa Total Care Member Services: 1-833-404-1061 (TTY: 711)